MILITARY PERSONNEL FLIGHT (MPF)
**DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, A MAJORITY OF THE MPF PERSONNEL ARE TELEWORKING**
SERVICES HAVE BEEN REDUCED IN ORDER TO DECREASE THE SPREAD OF THE VIRUS.
At this time, we ask that customers communicate with us via email. Please allow up to two duty days for a response.
Retirements & Separations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Officer & Enlisted Promotions: email@example.com
Customer Service to include Passports: firstname.lastname@example.org
Force Management: (Evals/SDAP/Duty Status/UIF & Adverse Actions, etc.): email@example.com
DEERS/ID Card Office: Appointment only. Please call 702-679-0295.
1. Expiration dates for Retiree & Dependent USID cards that expired on or after January 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020 will remain valid.
A. This does not apply to children turning age 21.
B. For secondary dependency information for incapacitated children, visit DFAS website https://www.dfas.mil/or call Air Force Secondary Dependency (317) 212-8049.
2. Common Access Cards (CACs) will not be re-issued prior to 30-days of expiration date(previously 60 days).
A. Printed information on all ID cards (CAC or USID) will not be reissued for the purposes of:
a. Changing information printed on the card
b. Reflect new promotion (grade/rank)
c. Last names changes due to marriage or divorce
3. Increased minimum age for all ID card issuances requirement from age 10 to 14.
4. Mobilized Reserves (includes ANG) and their eligible dependents continued use of the Reserve USID card to obtain active duty benefits.
5. DoD civilians transferring between components (i.e., Air Force to Army) will retain existing CAC, no re-issuance.
**DEERS/ID Card office is appointment only. Please call 702-679-0295**
1. All members with assignments should continue out processing as normal.
2. If members have questions/concerns, they should email their assignment counselor.
1. An email was sent to those with a DOS through September stating that their separation/retirement is not affected by the STOP MOVEMENT and to continue out processing actions.
A. Airmen may begin commander-approved permissive TDY and/or terminal leave as scheduled.
2. Questions/concerns should be emailed to 99FSS.FSMPD.Retirements@us.af.mil
Customers also have around-the-clock access to many personnel self-service actions through the Virtual Military Personnel Flight. The Total Force Service Center (TFSC) is also available to help answer questions. The TFSC can be reached at 1-800-525-0102 (toll free and available 24 hours a day, except on 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day), DSN 665-5000 (available 24 hours every day for active duty), or DSN 926-6528 (available 4 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern Time for Guard and Reserve members).
4475 England Ave, Bldg 20 – 1st Floor
ID Cards, DEERs & Awards/Decorations
Mon – Fri: 8 AM – 3 PM
Military Personnel Flight
Mon – Thurs: 8 AM – 3 PM
Fri: Closed for Training